27.7 C
Accra
Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Vodafone’s Negligence Killed My Brother-Terry Ampofo

Must read

- Advertisement -
Report by Nana POKU
The senior brother of the late Michael Ampofo has told the Press that his brother suffered under a poor installation service by Vodafone Ghana and subsequently died out of it .
Briefing newsmen on this heart throbbing episode, Mr Ampofo indicated that about a year ago, agents of Vodafone Ghana failed to do a good job and that resulted in the painful death of his junior brother. This according to him has adversely affected the family since he left three young kids behind.
What’s even traumatic is the fact that the deceased’s charred body was seen first by his own child that has had a psychological effect on him since. This was as a result of wrong installation of fibre broadband cable too close to an ECG 11,000 volts high tension cable.
According to him this is uncalled for and against international standards and put the blame squarely on the negligence of the company. But despite their tacit admission if this heinous mistake, Vodafone Ghana has parried all the queries to do the needful thing by way of compensation to the family .
“I have called this Press Conference to alert the entire nation of the danger to Ghanaians of going through a similar experience. I want the public to know such imminent danger; more so when l have also gone through same experience that could have killed me as well via the same mistake by Vodafone in my house,” he said.
Mr Ampofo posited that technicians at Vodafone must not run metal that along fibre cable with stiffeners running along side the cables. It is when these cables touch each other that leads to electrocution. He showed video evidence of the two cables overlapping and said that it is enough for a customer to accidentally touch the exposed metal left close to the routers.
And this was the same thing that killed his brother.
“I therefore call on the Vodafone Ghana to do the right thing to save life and properties. Because customer care is very critical in matters like this. And in the event of these accidents, the company must do we
- Advertisement -

More articles

Latest article